Welcome to the best place on this platform to have your baseball writing published. As far as I know, it is the only publication on this platform solely devoted to the fine art of baseball.
I strongly recommend that you read as much as possible the pieces published in the About In My Life section and especially:
where we laid out the broad guidelines of what we want to publish here. But, for the sake of sanity, there have to be some general rules beyond that:
· If you must use language that people consider rude, vulgar or lewd, make certain it is necessary. If it isn’t necessary the word, you or your piece will be tossed. Remember that George Carlin never used any of the “seven words” out of context…
· All photos and images must be your own, uncopyrighted, or properly credited to their source. No exceptions. You are encouraged to use a free photography source such as Unsplash, which is linked to Medium and very easy and legal to use. But every image has to be properly credited or sourced.
· All quotes and websites must be referenced. Multiple ways of doing this exist. If you are uncertain how to do this, or which format to use, you can always contact me.
· This publication is about baseball and only baseball. We will publish nearly everything that is well-written about that subject and related subjects (like softball and baseball broadcasting, etc). Only one subject is absolutely going to get rejected every time and that will be material promoting or marketing gambling or “sports betting.” No exceptions.
· If I think of something else I’ll let you know. Obviously, as an editor, I will be doing some editing. As stated previously, we want the writing to look top-of-the-line when it is published, even if it isn’t tossed over the door that way. We’ll work it out, just between you and me. My job is not to change your story or your voice, only to make it clearer and better known.